When people hear the word blogging, it usually sounds like a fun hobby done to pass time. Sure, it is, but there’s more that can be achieved besides being a platform to share your guilty pleasures. In the quest to make an extra buck, there are a number of ways to monetize your blog and kill two birds with one stone.
- First thing is clearly setting up a blog if you don’t already have one. The process is simple and you can easily get guidelines online on how to go about it.
- Write enticing content that generates lots of traffic. This means your content should be interesting enough to keep people come back for more. Looking for good hosting services by researching on things like ehost reviews also helps in managing the increasing traffic and ensures your blog is vastly available at all times.
- Convert your growing traffic or visitors to email subscribers. People usually don’t like receiving unnecessary email notifications unless it’s really important. In this case, you need to convince them to subscribe through the contents you are posting.
- Once they subscribe, send those contents that build trust and make them stay that way. This way you don’t have a large number of people unsubscribing because of the irrelevant content in their inbox.
- Finally sell your products and services. Most people don’t have products to sell and the most conventional way to go about it is advertising. This is done by giving other companies use your platform to promote their products and services. You can also offer affiliate services and earn commission on the purchases made from your blog.
- You become an entrepreneur at this point, using your knowledge and expertise to attract customers and consumers to visit your site.